Under the crust of the earth, oil is found deposited in oil wells. This oil is under considerable pressure. The pressure in oil wells is measured in pounds per square inch or psi.
The pressure of oil in oil wells is 20,000 pounds per square inch (psi). This explains why, when oil prospectors drill down into the Earth’s crust for the oil, the oil is forcibly ejected from the oil well, because of the tremendous pressure.
Oil formed from organisms that once lived in the sea
- According to Holt General Science, 1988, p.294, “Oil and gas are made from “organisms that once lived in the sea. …changed by heat and pressure”… into oil”. .
- According to The Journal of Petroleum Geology Leigh Price 1983 p.32 oil can form in 1000-10,000 years!
- This subject is also discussed in “How Fast can Oil Form?” by Andrew Snelling 1990, Creation Ex Nihilo, 12(2):30.
Oil can be created artificially
- According to Creation Ex Nihilo, Vol 12 No. 2, p. 30, in “How fast can oil form?”, scientist can now convert vegetable matter, using heat and pressure, into oil in a couple of minutes inside a laboratory.
- According to Hadden R. Appell, US Dept. of Interior, Bureau of Mines, in “Converting Organic Wastes to Oil,” oil can be manufactured in 20 minutes.
- According to Mike Riddle in “Creation/Evolution: Does it Matter what we Believe?” By, ICR, p. 28, “In 1996 a $22.4 million proposal was approved in Western Australia that will build a plant to create oil from sewage sludge in 30 minutes”.
Geologists say the crust of the Earth could not have contained an oil pressure of 20,000 psi for more than 10,000 years
According to Creation Ex Nihilo Vol 12 No. 2, p.30 in “How fast can oil form?” geologists say that there is a limit to how long the rocks of the Earth’s crust could contain a pressure of 20,000 psi. According to these geologists the rocks could not have contained that kind of oil pressure for more than 10,000 years, without breaking up.
- If the Earth is billions of years old, why is oil present in oil wells, if it cannot be contained for more than 10,000 years?
- How did the oil get there?
- How was the oil created?
According to the Bible
- God created the Heavens and the Earth 6,000 years ago approximately.
- 4,400 years ago there was a world wide Flood.
- As the crust of the Earth was broken up, and water ran off the land, the geography was dramatically altered.
At this point we have to do some reasoning, based on observations and known facts:
- About 4,400 years ago, according to the Bible, there was a Flood.
- In that Flood organic material in the form of fish, animals and people drowned.
- This organic material was greatly compressed by millions of tons of rocks, sand, gravel and mud, which compressed the dead carcasses, producing oil.
- Many Creationists believe that coal was similarly formed by the compression of vegetable matter at the time of Noah’s flood.
The existence of oil in oil wells proves a young universe
Since, according to geologists, oil cannot be contained within the crust of the Earth for more than 10,000 years, the existence of oil in oil wells indicates that the Universe cannot be billions of years old, but less than 10,000 years old.