The year 2000 A.D is the year 4700 on the Chinese calendar (see http://www.brokersys.com/~kcyong/cny.html).
The year 2000 A.D. was the year 5759 on the Hebrew calendar.
For more on ancient calendars see Creation Ex Nihilo Feb. 2000, p. 46
Why do ancient calendars start only approximately 6,000 years ago for the Hebrew Calendar, and approximately 4,700 years ago for the Chinese Calendar?
- We would like to Evolutionists to explain to Creationists why, if the human race is millions of years old, ancient calendars only go back 6,000 years and 4,700 years approximately.
- We would like the Evolutionists to explain to the Creationists why there is a difference in these very recent dates.
- If the human race is millions of years old, why are there not older calendars available?
- Why is the oldest calendar on Earth only 6,000 years old.
According to the Bible:
- God created the Heavens and the Earth 6,000 years ago approximately.
- 4,400 years ago there was a world wide Flood.
At this point we have to do some reasoning, based on observations and known facts.
- According to Biblical teaching, we would therefore expect the oldest calendars in the world to have an age of approximately 6,000 years.
- The Bible is a record of the Hebrew people, and we would expect their calendar to be 6,000 years old approximately.
- 4,400 years ago there was a Flood, and the whole human race was drowned except for 8 Hebrew survivors.
- All other races, according to the Bible, were descendents of Noah’s family, through his sons Shem, Ham, and Japheth (see Genesis 5:32).
- We would therefore expect the Chinese calendar, and all other calendars other than the Hebrew calendar, to start approximately 4,400 years ago, at the time of the Flood.
- The existence of the Hebrew and Chinese calendars tends to confirm the Biblical Creation account.