Genesis 1:14-19, “Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.”
- On the Fourth Day, God made the Sun, the Moon, and the stars.
- We should just stop and pause for a moment to reflect.
- It has been estimated that there are enough stars for every person on Earth to own 2 trillion of them each! (Astronomy and the Bible, Donald DeYoung p. 57)
- It would perhaps be a good idea for everyone to go out of doors at night and look at the stars!
- This would perhaps give each one of us a glimpse of understanding of the greatness of God.