(20: NO OLD COVENANT EQIVALENT)
This is described in Leviticus 16: 34, “This shall be an everlasting statute for you, to make atonement for the children of Israel, for all their sins, once a year.”
20. NEW COVENANT: God destroyed the Old Covenant completely, and started an eternal New Covenant
In Matthew 27:51 we read, “Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split” NKJV.
When Jesus Christ died on the Cross the rocks were split, and Jesus Christ fulfilled the Old Covenant completely, as His Blood anointed the Mercy Seat of the Ark of the Covenant.
On the Day of Crucifixion Jesus fulfilled Daniel 9:24 completely. We have broken Daniel 9:24 into six separate parts, for ease of analysis.
“Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your Holy City, to
- Finish the transgression,
- Make an end of sin,
- Make atonement for iniquity,
- Bring in everlasting righteousness,
- Seal up vision and prophecy,
- Anoint the Most Holy Place. (New American Standard Bible)
God the Father then destroyed the Old Covenant Temple system completely and permanently, by tearing the veil from top to bottom between the Most Holy Place, and the Holy of Holies.